Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

SO MUCH TO STITCH & SO LITTLE TIME!!!



Okay...is it me or are there just too many stitching projects out there to choose from???? It's never ending! It's bad enough that I already have a closet full of stash (yes...my stash is stored in a box in my closet...GASP) and I have more UFO's than I care to admit! And now since I've started stitching again, there are more needlework sites on the internet than one can count!!

So what's a gal to do???? I think I need to stand by the cross-stitch code of belief (whatever that is)...and be true to my past with finishing all those works that were started well over a decade ago. If you are a regular reader to my blog, you already know I've pulled a Christmas stocking out of the archives that I began working on for my youngest daughter.....OVER A DECADE AGO!!!! And then just the other day...I came across another seriously overdue UFO that I started for my son when I was pregnant with him...OVER 14 YRS AGO...that was an Alma Lynne piece called "Noah Ark Collector". I'm very bad, folks....because this piece was being created to go in his NURSERY!!!! I ended up buying a really nice framed picture that I used as a substitute instead!!

But..but....but....I protest...there's so MANY wonderful NEW things out there to stitch!!!! Just one more won't hurt!! Okay..let's face it, I'm an addict!!! I had a wonderful ride on the cross-stitch wagon over the past decade, but when I made the decision to finish my daughter's Christmas stocking as a goal of one of the things to accomplish for this year, things just got out of hand almost instantly. It wasn't long before I had fallen off the wagon and was watching it travel on down the road without me leaving this huge dust cloud instead because it'd taken off so FAST!!!

HELP....I need a 12-step plan....QUICK!!

Happy Stitching!! :)

10 comments:

Sherry said...

I can totally relate to your post! I started making 1 or 2 Focus WIPS each month. It is really helping me stay centered on my stitching progress!

Meari said...

Hey, if I can finish a 21yr old UFO... You can too! ;-)

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I can totally understand where you are coming from on UFO's... I have UFO's from over 20 years ago... still trying to stitch all my UFO's as I have a goal... although I have already finished 4 UFO's I am taking a break to stitch my wizard. I have 11 more UFO's to go but determined to stitch a little each day on my WIP.

Anonymous said...

For the stitching addict: better too much to choose from than not enough. Always remember that stitching is for your own pleasure... stitch whatever inspires you at the moment even if that means not finishing ufos.

Jane said...

Thought I'd done all mine, then sorted a box out and found some more!

Ruth M. said...

LOl, I can SOOOO empathize with you. I have tow shelved in my armoire filled,, plus a tot in the closet!

Ohhhh shiny! is my motto

Sandra said...

OK Welcome to the club of serial project starters, of which I'm the president lol

I know what you mean by "so many beautiful new patterns out there! I'm on the same spot!

j39jones said...

We are all members of the SA!! "Stitchers Anonymous" of which I am the proud president!! The 12 step program is very easy--just buy something new every day for 12 days!! LOL

Gabi said...

I totally understand your point of view. While I admire how much works some people have going, I can't. I do concentrate on 2 bigger works, and throw in an additional small one every now and then. I do kit up to 2 to 3 projects....and if I want to start something new I have to end one of the others first...same to kitting up. Too much projects going on at one time really stresses me out.

Carolyn NC said...

Oh girl!!! You have clones around, trust me. My stash is unbelievable, but I'm happy! I will go back and stitch the UFO's at my leisure, and if something new catches my eye, well, so be it. It's the advantage of getting older each day. And let's face it, we aren't getting younger!