Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

CHRISTMAS IN JULY...



"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." 

Okay, okay, before you abandon this post for something a little more seasonal, let me explain! 

It's that time of year when my kids think I'm absolutely strange; that I've gone bonkers and belong in a loony bin. (No, not really, but it sounded good she says in her most matter of fact tone) Ummm...yes, they really do think that!! 


Anyway...


Once July 4th is over my mind begins drifting to the holiday season; which suffice it to say, will be here before we know it. I know by now you are probably thinking I'm loony too. But in my defense, it's not that far off and if you are a parent you know all too well that it takes MONTHS of planning for those special gifts for our kids...unless of course you are one of those lucky few that has a stash of money in a bank account, just won the lottery, robbed a bank...well, you get the picture...


Anyway...


This weekend marks Christmas in July on my favorite shopping channel, QVC. Now you're probably saying..."oh, she's one of THOSE people" Why yes, as a matter of fact I am. I love it! (Bet you never saw that one coming...) I truly enjoy getting a preview of all their new items for the upcoming holiday season. The grand irony is I typically don't buy anything but it's like window shopping and I get great ideas that I'll implement when the holiday season OFFICIALLY arrives a few months from now. 




And yes, I listen to Christmas music...a TON of it! QVC usually succeeds in putting me in the holiday spirit! 


It's also the time of year when my mind turns to my annual holiday programming that will commence on my radio station. This year I've created a second radio station on Live365.com called Yuletide Radio, that will play 'all Christmas music, all the time". As we draw closer to the holiday season I'll share details about it. 


"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."







Follow this blog at Bloglovin


No comments: