Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

MONOPOLY SAL HAS ARRIVED!!!


Well folks, it's here!!! When I got home yesterday, I had received in my mail a copy of the Monopoly game board pattern booklet from Shelley Tompkins, moderator for the Monopoly SAL group on Yahoo Groups.

As I looked through the booklet, I could just feel the excitement building inside me! In all my many years of cross-stitching, my habit has been to make things for others and give as gifts, resulting in only stitching a couple of things for my own personal enjoyment. Well...this go round, I'm gonna be a little bit selfish....this one's for ME!!!

Depending on how it turns out, I might just get generous and stitch this again someday for someone special....but that remains to be seen! I currently have several WIP going and hope to start this baby soon! I'll be sure and post my progress here for all the world to see!!!

Boardwalk & Park Place...here I come in that little silver sports car!!!!

Happy Stitching, Everyone!!! :)

7 comments:

BW said...

I didn't know there was a SAL group for Monopoly. I was just about to start this myself and know I've got my application in for the Yahoo! group.

Good luck with yours. :)

Suzann said...

I'm envious. I want that chart!! Monopoly is one of my all-time favorite games and I would love to have this design hanging on the wall in my family room. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress.
Suzann from ILCS

Sharon said...

What a really cool chart! I too will look forward to seeing your progress on this.

Gabi said...

Nice chart. Wishing you lots of fun stitching it. And hopefully we'll get lots of pictures to see while you're at it.

Kendra said...

I'm currently working on this one for my hubby, who is a *rabid* Monopoly fan (so much so that I refuse to play the dang game with him...he's ruthless!). I didn't know there was a SAL group for it...may have to check that out!

I've gotten the center motif done, as well as the first section of blocks in the book (the corner with the Go square), and am now working toward the Jail square. It's been a fun stitch, even if it's HUGE.

Shari said...

oh how fun!!!!!!! I have been half way watching for this pattern for quite sometime, but haven't found it yet!!! Can't wait to see your progress pictures!!!!

Unknown said...

Enjoy stitching this one. It looks reall fun.
Heidi-ILCS