Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

LASTING FRIENDSHIPS...ONE OF LIFE'S LITTLE TREASURES




Last night I had the rare opportunity to have dinner with an old friend from high school that I had not seen in over 25 years. This 'mini' reunion was spent reminiscing about old days and things we did in middle and high school. It was a great evening playing catch up and one that won't soon be forgotten.

As the evening came to a close and I was driving home from said restaurant, I was thinking about how lasting friendships can be likened to cross-stitching. The excitement I always feel when I'm stitching never gets old. There's always something new to learn or embrace. Each pattern is created differently and depending on what type of fabric and floss is used determines the outcome. My excitement builds in the anticipation of completing a project. Just when I think I've got a piece all figured out, I take a second look and see something I didn't see before. And then when the project is all said and done, the lasting effects are there to be enjoyed forever.

Lasting friendships are like that. Friends are the fabric of our lives. We cross paths with many in our lifetime. Some friends are considered mere acquaintances; while others become cemented within our beings, helping shape and mold us into who we become as time goes on. Friends grace our lives in such a way that they can't be forgotten with time. They are a part of us. Each and every one leaves a lasting impression that remains with us indefinitely.

4 comments:

Shari said...

very nice blog entry! You must be a wonderful encourager, because that is how your blog comes across!!! Keep it up!!!

Carolyn NC said...

So well said! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So true! It sounds like you have had a nice visit.
Heidi-ILCS

Suzann said...

Lovely entry. Your words made my heart happy.