Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

NEWSFLASH!!! BARACK OBAMA IS AN ENABLER!!!!



Like most folks out there, I find that I am also one of the undecideds. Or at least that appeared to be the case until Thursday's nights acceptance speech! I was impressed and motivated; so much so, that I'm now on board and I have Barrack Obama to thank for it!

NO...I'm not talking about becoming a Obama supporter all of a sudden or even the fact that his monumental speech will most likely go down as one of the best in history. What I'm referring to is Barrack Obama is an enabler. While he stood in front of 80000+ people in Denver and millions of viewers across the Nation on Thursday night, he had no idea that he was aiding and abetting me to partake in a little stitching! OMG...you say!!!

YES....it's true! While BO spoke, I sat and stitched! He inspired me to do great things! He inspired me to enact change! He inspired me keep moving forward! He told me "now is not the time for small plans". He said "Eight is Enough"! (Okay...so it couldn't be all motivational talk...he needed to remind me that its been eight years since the last time I picked up my daughter's Christmas stocking prior to just a few weeks ago. The truth hurts, but it helps build good character!!) But the thing that spoke to me the most was when he told me that "together our dreams could be one". I tell you, I am completely pumped up & stoked! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that as long as I have Barrack Obama spurring me on I can get alot of my WIP's & UFO's done! I just have to keep repeating the mantra from last night in my head.

I've never been much on politics and make no mistake this election year is perhaps one of the most critical and pivotal in our country's history. But just knowing that Barrack Obama is a cross-stitch enabler has certainly made all the difference to me!

Oh my! Time is of the essence & its time to get back to my stitching that I interrupted to share this great news with you! So, just remember, Barrack Obama now has our backs as the Honorary Spokesman & avid fan of the cross-stitch community! Maybe now that we have a public figure speaking out on our behalf, cross-stitching will finally receive the true recognition it deserves!!




HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY STITCHING!! :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

LOL LOL what a wonderful post this was. I totally enjoyed it. Your blog is wonderful. I can't wait to read more.