Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

STITCHIN'...THE OLYMPICS...& OTHER TIDBITS!!!

Try as I might I've been too engrossed by the Olympics & life events this week to get as much stitching done as I'd have liked. There has just been too much that has proven to be a distraction in watching the Olympics. I mean...weren't our Women's gymnastics team just fantastic the other night... Nastia Liukin winning the GOLD & Shawn Johnson taking the SILVER!!! YAY TEAM!!! What a way to finish up this event & making the USA proud in the process!







And then Michael Phelps did it AGAIN by winning his 7th GOLD medal by a nano second! We, Americans, were amazed and Michael Phelps showed us and the world once again why he's the best there ever was!!!!




On Friday I was met with the unexpected when my mom was admitted to the hospital for a staph infection that had developed from a sinus infection she'd had for about two weeks. After oral antibiotics failed to cooperate, her physician felt it would be best to put her in and get her on IV antibiotics. It's amazing what a difference 24 hours makes. Today mom's swelling in her face had gone down considerably which was evidence that the doctor's decision was the correct one!

Despite the distractions & the diversions...all was not lost. I did manage to get a little stitching in. I thought before my stitching groups disown me and discredit my membership, I'd better post some pics to show that I'm still making progress even though it has been a slow go this week. First off, I managed to finish my Christmas ornament for an ornament exchange I'm doing as part of my ILCS Yahoo group.



I also made some more progress on my daughter's Christmas stocking. (As I work on this project, I'm constantly reminded why projects like this are called WIP!!!) Sometimes I think to myself "will I ever get this done by November so it'll be ready to use when I'm ready to decorate the house for Christmas"...guess we'll all have to stay tuned on that one. At least I belong to some great cross-stitching groups who will keep me motivated. My biggest challenge on this is the many color changes. Just when I think I'm getting going on a certain color...it's time to change!!!


So...it's on to another week. Maybe Michael Phelps will get down to business & win his 8th GOLD tonight! And then maybe, just maybe, I'll finally get back to the business of stitching!!!

Until next time...Happy Stitching! :)

5 comments:

Gabi said...

What a cute little ornie. Congrats with that finish. The stocking comes along quite well too. Lovely.

Carolyn NC said...

Ornie is cute - love the stocking!

Vicky L said...

The ornie is cute. I love the colors. I almost made that one for the exchange but decided on another. I will be stitching the ornie though.You are a great writer and I love your comments about Micheal Phelps.

Unknown said...

Your ornie is really lovely and the stocking is looking great!

Nancy M said...

Love the *fake* snow on the ornie! You're doing great on the stocking too, it will be done before you realize.