As I watched, it occurred to me that never once in all these years had I actually taken the time on the very day designated for counting our blessings to do just that. I realized that the days leading up to the holiday are filled with preparation. The holiday itself is filled with the hustle bustleness from visiting one place and then another, eating, sharing with loved ones, eating some more, and then winding down too full & too tired to ponder much of anything.
- The blessings of family joined around a table.
- The blessings of watching our children in amazement at how much older they look this year than last.
- The blessings of eating a big meal that was prepared with love and the appreciation that there was a big meal to eat.
- The blessings of putting away the laptop, cell phones, text messaging, etc and spending real quality time with family if for only but one day every year.
- The blessings of receiving a phone call from loved ones who's presence is missed around the dinner table and yet knowing that they are with us in spirit.
- The blessings of sending greetings to close friends wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving and feeling so lucky to have people in our lives we can call friends
- The blessings of celebrating a birthday on this special holiday and feeling exceptionally twice blessed by having two reasons to celebrate on the same day!
- The blessings of health, live, love & happiness.
- The blessings of knowing that no matter how tough things may seem for our country that for one day we are given the opportunity to come together and celebrate despite it all.
- The blessings of being able to carry out continued traditions & being able to create new ones.
- The blessings of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Once I began really thinking about all the many blessings that have graced my life both past & present, it didn't take long to realize I have much to be thankful for. God has been so very good to me. I couldn't ask for better children, a better family, better friends, a better place to live, and the list goes on and on. I have been blessed far more richly than I deserve!
And so as this Thanksgiving Day winds down, I'm grateful for everything and above all, thankful for being given the wonderful life I've had the privledge of living to this point.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!