Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

MONDAY, MONDAY...

Well, here we are again facing yet another Monday! I suppose we should look at it from the glass half-full perception and be thankful we made it to another Monday. Ummm...I don't think the vast majority of us are looking at it that way when our alarms are going off & blaring at us early on this most dreaded day of the week. 
So why do we dread Mondays so much? I can vouch that I begin dreading the whole 'brand new workweek' scenario on Sundays. Forget waiting until my alarm goes off bright & early on Monday morning. I've given a lot of thought to my own discord with Mondays. It isn't Monday so much that I dread or even loathe. Like this morning, for instance, on my drive into work, the sun, (which has been absent for some 3 1/2 weeks) was staring (or should I say) glaring at me. It was a nice sight to see & a welcome one I might add. In my neck of the woods the weather guys said we would see sun on Monday. So for that I welcomed Monday to arrive....but that was the ONLY reason. 

I think many of us dread Mondays because many of us have to get up to go to work in jobs that aren't our passion so we can pay the bills and continue the vicious cycle of doing it all over again the next Monday..week after week, month after month, year after year. It's been said if you are doing what you love then you'll never work a day in your life. I don't know that there's been any truer statement. Think about it. If we were doing what we loved, it wouldn't matter if Monday were coming or not. We'd be glad for it to arrive because it would mean another opportunity to get up and do what we love. 

I think it's so important to follow our passions and do the kind of work that is meaningful and rewarding. We're a much happier and content species when doing so. I've been working towards following my passions for some time and I've never been closer or more ready to do so. It's only a matter of time now before that dread that comes with Mondays will be a far gone conclusion. Each day this week, I'll be sharing with you a little bit about my passions and my plans for making them into a career in order to get out of my job. There's a big difference in those two things. A job is something you do to pay the bills. A career is doing what you love.

Stay tuned....


No comments: